At HOMEBTB, we appreciate your use of and contributions to our websites, our mobile and desktop applications, our other properties and/or our related services (collectively known as the "Services," or, each individually, a "Service"). HOMEBTB respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information.
• what is considered personal information;
• what personal information we collect and hold;
• how we collect, hold, use or disclose personal information;
• the purposes for which we collect personal information;
• what happens if we are not able to collect personal information;
• how to seek access to and correct your personal information;
• how to contact us.
What is Personal Information
What Personal Information Do We Collect and Hold
We may collect the following types of personal information;
• mailing or street address;
• email address;
• telephone number;
• age or birth date;
• profession, occupation or job title;
• details of the products and services you have purchased from us or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to your enquiries;
• any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our network or indirectly through use of our network or online presence through our representatives or otherwise;
• information you provide to us through our service centre, customer surveys or visits by our representatives from time to time.
We may also collect anonymous data (which is not personal information) relating to your activity on our websites (including IP addresses) via cookies, or we may collect information from you in response to a survey. We generally use this information to report statistics, analyse trends, administer our services, diagnose problems and target and improve the quality of our products and services. To the extent this information does not constitute personal information because it does not identify you or anyone else, we may use this information for any purpose and by any means whatsoever.
How We Collect Personal Information
We collect your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impractical to do so. We do this in ways including:
• through your access and use of our network or sending SMS/MMS to us;
• during conversations between you and our representatives;
• when you complete an application or make a listing enquiry;
• data sharing between our related bodies corporate, partnerships and joint venture entities.
We may also collect personal information from third parties including:
• third party companies such as credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies and other government entities;
• mailing lists;
• recruitment agencies;
• contractors and business partners;
• through someone else who has provided us with your information (e.g. a real estate agent or a friend referral).
Why Do We Collect, Hold, Use and Disclose Personal Information
The primary purpose for which we collect information about you is to enable us to perform our business activities and functions and to provide best possible quality of customer experience. We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
• to provide products and services to you;
• to provide you with news, information or advice about our existing and new products and services;
• to communicate with you, including but not limited to, by email, mail, SMS or telephone;
• to manage and enhance our products and services;
• to personalize and customize your experience;
• to provide you with access to protected areas of our websites;
• to conduct competitions or promotions on behalf HOMEBTB and selected third parties;
• to verify your identity;
• to provide as part of business data to third parties if you have authorized us to do so;
• to conduct business processing functions for operation of our websites or our business;
• for our administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), promotional, planning, product/service development, quality control and research purposes, or those of our contractors or external service providers;
• to provide your updated personal information to us, our contractors or external service providers;
• to investigate any complaints about or made by you, or if we have reason to suspect that you are in breach of any of our terms and conditions or that you are or have been otherwise engaged in any unlawful activity;
• as required or permitted by any law (including the Privacy Act).
What Happens if We can’t Collect Your Personal Information
• we may not be able to provide you with the products or services you requested, either to the same standard, or at all (for example, if you do not register as a member of a website, you will not be able to access features or services that are reserved for members only);
• we may not be able to provide you with information about products and services that you may want, including information about discounts sales or special promotions;
• we may be unable to tailor the content of our network to your preferences and your experience of our network may not be as enjoyable or useful.
How Do We Disclose Your Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to:
• our employees, related bodies corporate, partnerships, joint venture entities, contractors or external service providers for the operation of our network or our business, fulfilling requests by you, and otherwise provide products and services to you, including without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, newsagents, couriers, payment processors, photographic analysers, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisers such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants;
• our existing or potential agents and/or business partners;
• our sponsors, or promoters of any competition that we conduct or promote via our services;
• specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us;
• the police, any relevant authority or enforcement body, or your Internet Service Provider or network administrator, for example, if we have reason to suspect that you have committed a breach of any of our terms and conditions, or have otherwise been engaged in any unlawful activity, and we reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary;
• as required or permitted by any law (including the Privacy Act).
Direct Marketing Materials
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS or email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws. If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so.
In addition, at any time, you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us (details below) or by using the opt-out facilities provided (e.g.an unsubscribe link). We will then ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list. We do not provide your personal information to other organisations for the purpose of direct marketing unless expressly authorised by you.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time. Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will try and provide you with suitable means of accessing it (for example, by mailing or emailing it to you). We will not charge for simply making a request and will not charge for making any corrections to your personal information. If you make an access request, we will ask you to verify your identity. There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others, or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal.
If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it. We will consider if the information requires amendment. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment, then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.
Members of our websites will generally be able to access and update their membership details online. We request that you keep your information as current as possible so that we may continue to improve our service to you.
You may use the website without providing any personal data about you. In this case, we will collect metadata that results from your usage of the website including: browser type and version, operating system and interface, website from which you are visiting us (referrer URL), webpage(s) you are visiting on our website, date and time of accessing our website, and internet protocol (IP) address. The metadata, will be used to improve the quality and services of our website and services by analysing the usage behavior of our users in anonymised form and to prevent fraud, misuse of our IT systems, as well as to ensure physical, IT and network security. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely the proper administration of our website and business.
Your personal data will be retained as long as necessary to provide you with the services and products requested. Once you have deleted your account or otherwise ended your relationship with us, we will remove your personal data from our systems and records and/or take steps to properly anonymise it so that you can no longer be identified from it (unless we need to keep your information to comply with legal or regulatory obligations to which HOMEBTB is subject e.g. taxation purposes).
Personal data will in principle be deleted 10 years after the last interaction and business contact between you and HOMEBTB. However, we will retain your contact details and interests in our products or services for a longer period of time if HOMEBTB is allowed to send you marketing materials. Also, we typically delete contracts, communications, and business letters, including any personal data contained therein, 10 years after their termination or creation, as such data may be subject to statutory retention requirements, which often require retention of up to 10 years.
We may also retain your personal data after the termination of the contractual relationship if your personal data are necessary to comply with other applicable laws or if we need your personal data to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim, on a need to know basis only. To the extent possible, we will restrict the processing of your personal data for such limited purposes after the termination of the contractual relationship.
We will take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information that we hold from misuse, loss or unauthorised access, including by means of firewalls, password access, secure servers and encryption of credit card transactions.
If you suspect any misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, your personal information, please let us know immediately.
Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third party website. Third party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.